The 10-month full time 8:00 am to 3:30 pm Hairstyling program provides all the tools you need to get the job you want. Hands-on techniques, proven curriculum and practical business training combine to set your career on the right path. Upon successful completion, students will receive a Hairstyling Diploma.
An Ontario secondary school diploma (or equivalent); or General Education Development (GED) Diploma. Students can expect to be employed in hairstyling salons and spas, cruise lines and resorts, salon management and sales representative for professional product lines. Students can also freelance and specialize in specific services.
- Complete all work in adherence to professional ethics, government regulations, and workplace standards and policies, and according to manufacturer’s specifications as applicable
- Facilitate the provision of healthy and safe working environments and perform sanitization procedures in accordance with related health regulations and legislation
- Apply entrepreneurial skills to the operation and administration of a hair stylist business
- Adapt to various and changing technologies, applications, and procedures to the hair styling industry and develop and present a plan outlining future professional development
- Develop and use client service strategies that meet and adapt to individual client’s needs and expectations
- Select and administer preparatory procedures and/or treatments to the hair and scalp using individually selected products to meet the expectation of the client
- Identify, select and use a variety of tools to cut hair according to the needs and expectations of the client
- Select and use standard and specialized techniques to effectively style wet and dry hair
- Perform texture services using current and relevant methods according to hair type and style
- Perform basic and advanced colour techniques including colour correction in partnership with L’Oréal Professional.
For more information, or to register, please request more info here or contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 905-576-3558.
Total Course Hours: 1,500
- Ethics, Regulation and Policy
- Health and Safety
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Professional Development
- Client Service
- Preparatory Procedures and Treatments
- Cut Hair
- Style Hair
- Permanent Wave and Chemical Relaxed Hair Texture (Texture Services)
- Colour and Lighten Hair